Grilled Fish with Herb Butter: A Delightful Seafood Recipe
Grilled Fish with Herb Butter is a luscious dish with an exceptional flavor profile. This delicacy has been enjoyed for centuries, unites diverse cultures, and offers an array of health benefits with its rich Omega-3 content.
Grilled Fish with Herb Butter can be enjoyed hot or cold, any time of the day. Pair it with a green salad, sautéed vegetables, or grilled potatoes for a well-rounded meal. This recipe is perfect for any barbecue or outdoor gathering.
This aromatic Grilled Fish with Herb Butter includes a blend of fish fillets of your choice, such as salmon, trout, or tilapia. The fish is covered with a high-quality Croatian olive oil, Selo Olive Oil, along with a hint of salt and pepper. It is then complemented with creamy, unsalted butter blended with a mixture of fresh parsley, chives, thyme, and minced garlic. After grilling, the fish is served with lemon wedges, boosting the flavor with a burst of citrus acidity.
How to Make Herb Butter?
Herb butter is easy to craft and adds an elevated flavor to grilling fish. Simply mix room-temperature unsalted butter with your selected fresh herbs in the right proportion. For this recipe, we recommend parsley, chives, and thyme, along with minced garlic. Stir these ingredients together until well combined, then chill before use.
Grilling Fish Without Burning It
To grill fish without burning it, ensure that your grill is well-oiled and maintains a constant temperature. Carefully control your grill’s heat level and watch the fish for signs of overcooking. Thinner fillets should be monitored more closely to prevent charring. Brushing the fillets with Selo Olive Oil also helps in preventing the fish from sticking to the grill.
Which Herbs Pair Best with Fish?
Fish is a versatile protein that goes well with a variety of herbs. Apart from the herbs included in this recipe, like parsley, chives, and thyme, you can experiment with dill, fennel, tarragon, and cilantro to enhance your dish's flavor profile.
Serving Grilled Fish with Herb Butter
The perfect balance of cohesion and texture is crucial for presenting your dish. After grilling, the Herb Butter should be just melting onto the fish, enhancing its flavor rather than overpowering it. Serve it with a tangy squeeze of lemon to cut through the richness of the butter, and enjoy this nourishing and delightful dish.
Grilled Fish with Herb Butter
Selo Olive Oil
- 4 (6-ounce) fish fillets (such as salmon, trout, or tilapia)
- Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Croatian extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the fish fillets with olive oil.
- Grill the fish fillets for 4-5 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through.
- While the fish is cooking, make the herb butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the unsalted butter, chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh chives, chopped fresh thyme, and minced garlic until well combined.
- Season the herb butter with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the fish fillets from the grill and place them on a serving platter.
- Top each fish fillet with a dollop of the herb butter.
- Serve the Grilled Fish with Herb Butter hot, with lemon wedges on the side.