Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken: A Dish with an Interesting Backstory and Aromatic Flavors
Many classic dishes have intriguing histories and tales of evolution, and grilled chicken is no exception. Much like the iconic quiche, grilled chicken has evolved and ingrained itself in culinary cultures across the globe. Today, these adaptations take the form of different flavors and marination techniques, one of which is our Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken dish.
This delectable offering draws inspirations from seasons, combining the zesty tang of fresh lemons with the aromatic allure of rosemary and thyme. The symphony of these ingredients with the tender chicken creates a refreshing, light dish that is perfect for any time of the year.
And the defining touch? Undoubtedly, the role of Selo Olive Oil. Grown under the Croatian sun, this olive oil not only adds a layer of profound richness but also brings an authentic European essence to our Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken.
Marination: Key to Flavor
While preparing your Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken, marination is a crucial step. The marinade - a perfect blend of Selo Olive Oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs - doesn't just add flavor to the surface but permeates the chicken with its tangy and herbal profile, ensuring each bite is bursting with flavor. It's recommended to marinate the chicken for at least 30 mins, or up to 4 hours for a deeper flavor infusion.
The Role of Herbs
Selected for their distinct flavors, thyme and rosemary play crucial roles in the dish. These herbs add a note of earthy and aromatic undertone to the chicken, complementing the tangy notes from the lemon. Fresh herbs are more flavorful and aromatic than dried ones, making them perfect for marinating.
Selo Olive Oil: A Croatian Twist
Integral to our Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken recipe is the Selo Olive Oil. This top-notch Croatian olive oil brand adds a unique flavor, creating a luxuriously rich marinade that coats the chicken. Grilling the marinated chicken amplifies the olive oil's flavor, infusing every piece of grilled chicken with a touch of Croatia’s best. An extraordinary culinary experience guaranteed.
Lemon and Herb Grilled Chicken
Selo Olive Oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and toss to coat evenly with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.