Bringing the Sizzle: Grilled Chilli Shrimp
Grilled Chilli Shrimp is all about the juicy snap of well-cooked shrimp bathed in a marinade with a delightful kick.
This recipe is an ode to lovers of all things spicy and grilled. Sizzling shrimp skewers star as the main event in this dish, carrying robust flavors from a spicy marinade made with olive oil, garlic, and an array of spices. A squeeze of fresh lime adds a tangy note to balance the heat, offering a taste that's reminiscent of tropical beach barbecues.
Ignite the Grill with Grilled Chilli Shrimp
Our Grilled Chilli Shrimp recipe is straightforward, calling for a simple marination process which infuses the shrimp with an irresistible flavor. Large, succulent shrimps are marinated with olive oil, fresh garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, and fresh lime juice. These marinated shrimps are then threaded onto skewers and grilled to perfection, offering a beautiful blend of smokiness and spice. Garnish each serving with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge and serve to deliver a grilled masterpiece that's set to impress.
Frequently Asked Questions about Grilled Chilli Shrimp:
Can I prepare the shrimp in advance?
You can marinate the shrimp a few hours in advance to let the flavors sink in. However, shrimp should always be grilled fresh to get that perfect char and juicy texture.
Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?
Frozen shrimp can be used in a pinch but make sure they're thoroughly defrosted before marinating and grilling.
Can this be cooked indoors?
Absolutely! If you don't have access to an outdoor grill, you can cook the shrimp on a stove-top grill pan. It will still deliver a good amount of char and smoky flavor.
Can other seafood be used in place of shrimp?
This chili marinade is quite versatile and can be used with different types of seafood. Try it with scallops, salmon or even chunks of firm white fish.
Grilled Chili Shrimp
Selo Olive Oil
- 1.5 pounds of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup of Selo Croatian olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
- Prepare the Marinade: In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate the Shrimp: Add the shrimp to the marinade and stir well to make sure all the shrimp are coated evenly. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Prepare the Grill: Preheat your grill on medium-high heat. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Grill the Shrimp: Thread the shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard the remaining marinade. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Serve: Remove the shrimp from the grill and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side for guests to squeeze over their shrimp.
This recipe is perfect for outdoor barbecues, but you can also cook the shrimp on a grill pan on the stove if you don't have a grill. Just heat the grill pan over medium-high heat and cook the shrimp as directed.